Rooibos is a true health phenomenon
Lovers of superfoods can add one more item to the list of healthy drinks. If you want to get the most out of each sip, you should pay attention to rooibos tea, which is a true health phenomenon.
Rooibos is not, actually, tea, but an herb harvested, dried and processed to use it as tea. The shrub-like plant Aspalathus Linearis is endemic to South Africa. Some people call rooibos tea ‘red tea’ for the color of the drink.
Though rooibos has been known for 300 years (compare it with age of tea that is drunk for thousands of years), the product is commercially traded since 1904.
This ecological tea is known for the plethora of health benefits including its cancer protective properties. Though the beverage is marketed and perceived as the tea it has quite a different nutrient profile to traditional teas – black and green teas, in particular.
Green and red rooibos – what is the difference?
Harvesters cut 50 cm branches, dry and bruise them. The way processing is done, affects the type of tea they get and its flavor. For instance, cutting into small pieces 1.5-5 mm performed by a simple machine and their bruising with a roller help to alleviate natural phenolic activities of the plant. This is how its characteristic color and flavor evolve.
The difference in fermenting of the plant determines the product the manufacturers get: either green or red rooibos. Oxidation occurs during fermentation process that helps enzymes contained originally in rooibos reveal themselves. In this way the plant changes its color and turns from green to amber, acquiring its distinctive aroma.
Green rooibos, on the contrary, is not fermented. There are special procedures that prevent oxidation of the crop. For this reason, green rooibos has a yellow color and milder, grassy taste, that resembles green tea.
Rooibos is more than just a tea!
This tea is caffeine free because it's an herb. It contains little tannins in comparison with other types of tea. It means that you can drink it as much as you wish without harm. Caffeine free tea does not cause insomnia.
Even more established teas can't boast of so many health benefits as rooibos. All are aware that green tea is rich in antioxidants. Well, rooibos tea includes even more! The amount of natural anti-oxidants is 50% higher in this healthy, refreshing drink. Polyphenols containing aspalathin and flavonoids protect cell membranes. Antioxidants thwart free radicals that produce destructive effect upon the cells and cause cancer. In this way, rooibos can be called a cancer protective drink.
Health-minded consumers choose this ecological tea as it is a good source of calcium, copper, potassium, iron, manganese, zinc, fluoride, magnesium and other healthy substances and minerals.
Rooibos tea – a therapeutic drink?
The plant is highly appreciated by consumers for its unique properties.
• The caffeine-free beverage is given to colicky babies instead of milk. It is rich in vitamin C and helps to ease the condition of people who suffer from digestive problems.
• Rooibos tea contains manganese, calcium, and fluoride that strengthen teeth and bones, thus protecting from the development of osteoporosis and fractures. Besides, such flavonoids as orientin and luteolin contained in red bush tea contribute to increasing of mineral content in bones.
• Those who regularly drink rooibos have better skin and hair. This tea removes acne and prevents wrinkles.
• Being a good bronchodilator, red tea increases airflow to the lungs letting the person breathe easier. It dilates bronchi and bronchioles. Less resistance when breathing improves blood circulation and helps to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
• Rooibos tea can improve cholesterol level. It lowers bad cholesterol and raises the level of good cholesterol.
• The previous point is linked to cardiovascular diseases, as well, that often develop due to the build-up of fatty deposits inside the arteries. The entire vascular system only benefits from the presence of anti-inflammatory properties of aspalathin and norhofagin - healthy compounds contained in rooibos.
• Rooibos is good for diabetic patients. Some antioxidants in rooibos tea help to balance the sugar and increase insulin resistance. Removing complications of diabetes, it also prevents heart diseases.
• The plant contains chrysoeriol – flavonoid that lowers blood pressure. In this way it decreases hypertension, enhances blood circulation and makes heart healthier.
• Quercetin, contained in rooibos tea is able to block mast cells – immune cells that trigger allergic reactions. This polyphenol is very effective and alleviates allergies considerably.
• It belongs to fat-burning products. When you drink rooibos tea, it contributes to leptin secretion that is also called satiety hormone.
• Drink that is rich is powerful natural anti-oxidants boosts the immune system, prevents skin issues and premature aging. It is also claimed to cure nervous breakdown.
There is nothing surprising that red bush tea is sold in health food stores throughout the world. You can find it in our store as well.
CARMIEN Natural Organic Rooibos features all properties mentioned above and will keep you away from unwanted health problems. Best quality tea leaves of rooibos tea provide mild taste and excellent aroma. This cancer protective drink is just packed with nutrients that help you prevent many diseases.
Supplement your diet with CARMIEN Natural Organic Rooibos that is high in antioxidants and has superb detox properties, expelling toxins from your body. The organism naturally detoxifies itself with help of tea. Add a cup of delicious drink to your daily menu to protect your health and stay young and beautiful!
This tea is recommended for its bronchodilating and antispasmodic effects as it contains chrysoerol – a flavonoid that relaxes blood vessels thus dilating and opening air paths. This makes CARMIEN Natural Organic Rooibos a good asthma protective remedy. It is a natural and effective way to take your asthma under control.
Your shopping cart is empty!